We need to keep the law - Key Passages


G-d time and again asks Israel to keep the law. G-d says this is not for one generation but from generation to generation for ever.

G-d uses 5 different terms like "for ever", "eternally", "as long as you live in the land", "from generation to generation", "throughout your generations" . This clearly tells me G-d means it and our job is to keep his laws.

Genesis 17:9 And God said to Abraham, "And you shall keep My covenant, you and your seed after you throughout their generations.

Exodus 14:26 And He said,
If you hearken to the voice of the Lord, your God, and you do what is proper in His eyes, and you listen closely to His commandments and observe all His statutes, all the sicknesses that I have visited upon Egypt I will not visit upon you, for I, the Lord, heal you

Leviticus 18:4 You shall fulfil My ordinances and observe My statutes, to follow them. I am the Lord, your God. 5 You shall observe My statutes and My ordinances, which a man shall do and live by them. I am the Lord.

Leviticus 18:30 And you shall observe My charge, not to commit any of the abominable practices that were done before you, and you shall not become defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 19:2 Speak to the entire congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them, You shall be holy, for I, the Lord, your God, am holy. 3 Every man shall fear his mother and his father, and you shall observe My Sabbaths. I am the Lord, your God.  4 You shall not turn to the worthless idols, nor shall you make molten deities for yourselves. I am the Lord, your God.

Leviticus 19:37 You shall observe all My statutes and all My ordinances, and fulfill them. I am the Lord.

Leviticus 20:8 And you shall observe My statutes and fulfill them. I am the Lord, Who sanctifies you.

Leviticus 24:18 You shall perform My statutes, keep My ordinances and perform them then you will live on the land securely.

Deuteronomy 5:1 And Moses called all Israel and said to them, "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances which I speak in your ears this day, and learn them, and observe [them] to do them.

Deuteronomy 5:29 Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!

Deuteronomy 7:11 You shall therefore, observe the commandments, the statutes, and the ordinances, which I command you this day to do. 12 And it will be, because you will heed these ordinances and keep them and perform, that the Lord, your God, will keep for you the covenant and the kindness that He swore to your forefathers. 13 And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your soil, your grain, your wine, and your oil, the offspring of your cattle and the choice of your flocks, in the land which He swore to your forefathers to give you. 14 You shall be blessed above all peoples: There will be no sterile male or barren female among you or among your livestock. 15 And the Lord will remove from you all illness, and all of the evil diseases of Egypt which you knew, He will not set upon you, but He will lay them upon all your enemies.

Deuteronomy 8:1 Every commandment that I command you this day you shall keep to do, that you may live and multiply, and come and possess the land that the Lord swore to your forefathers.

Deuteronomy 8:6 And you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, to go in His ways, and to fear Him.

Deuteronomy 8:11 Beware that you do not forget the Lord, your God, by not keeping His commandments, His ordinances, and His statutes, which I command you this day,

Deuteronomy 10:12 And now, O Israel, what does the Lord, your God, ask of you? Only to fear the Lord, your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, and to worship the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes, which I command you this day, for your good. 14 Behold, to the Lord, your God, belong the heavens and the heavens of the heavens, the earth, and all that is on it.

Deuteronomy 11:1 [Therefore] you shall love the Lord, your God, keep His charge, His statutes, His ordinances, and His commandments, all the days.

Deuteronomy 11:8 [Therefore] keep all the commandments that I command you this day, in order that you may be strong and come and possess the land to which you are crossing, to possess it, 9 and in order that you may prolong your days on the land that the Lord swore to your forefathers to give to them and to their seed a land flowing with milk and honey.

Deuteronomy 11:13 And it will be, if you hearken to My commandments that I command you this day to love the Lord, your God, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul, 14 I will give the rain of your land at its time, the early rain and the latter rain, and you will gather in your grain, your wine, and your oil. 15 And I will give grass in your field for your livestock, and you will eat and be sated.

Deuteronomy 11:22 For if you keep all these commandments which I command you to do them, to love the Lord, your God, to walk in all His ways, and to cleave to Him, 23 then the Lord will drive out all these nations from before you, and you will possess nations greater and stronger than you. 24 Every place upon which the soles of your feet will tread, will be yours: from the desert and the Lebanon, from the river, the Euphrates River, and until the western sea, will be your boundary. 25 No man will stand up before you; the Lord your God will cast the fear of you and the dread of you on all the land upon which you tread, as He spoke to you.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the Torah shall not leave your mouth; you shall meditate therein day and night, in order that you observe to do all that is written in it, for then will you succeed in all your ways and then will you prosper.

Malachi 3:22 Keep in remembrance the teaching of Moses, My servant-the laws and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel.

Ezekiel 20:13 But the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they walked not in My statutes, and they despised My ordinances, which, if a man keep, he will live through them, and My Sabbaths they desecrated exceedingly. Then I said to pour out My wrath upon them in the wilderness, to make an end to them.

Ezekiel 20:19 I am the Lord your God: walk in My statutes, and keep My ordinances and fulfill them. 20 And keep My Sabbaths holy so that they be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26