G-d is our father - Key Passages


There are several passages where Tanakh refers to G-d as our father. I hope you find it encouraging to approach G-d with that confidence that G-d is our father and we need to honor, fear, love and worship him and him alone.

Exodus 4:22 Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son,

Deuteronomy 1:31 and in the wilderness. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.”

Deuteronomy 32:6 Is this how you repay the Lord, you disgraceful, unwise people?! Is He not your Father, your Master? He has made you and established you.

Deuteronomy 32:18 You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 19 And the Lord saw this and became angry, provoked by His sons and daughters. 20 And He said, "I will hide My face from them. I will see what their end will be, for they are a generation of changes; they are not [recognizable] as My children whom I have reared.

2 Samuel 7:12 When your days are finished and you shall lie with your forefathers, then I will raise up your seed that shall proceed from your body after you, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be to him a father, and he shall be to Me a son; so that when he goes astray I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of Adam.

Psalm 68:6 O Father of orphans and Judge of widows, O God in His holy dwelling place."

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.’

Malachi 1:6 A son honors a father, and a slave his master. Now if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My fear? says the Lord of Hosts to you, the priests, who despise My name. But you said, "How have we despised Your Name?"

Malachi 2:10 Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us? Why should we betray, each one his brother, to profane the covenant of our forefathers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26