Did David prophesy that Judas will betray Jesus ~ Cross reference of John 13:18 to Psalm 41:10


Jesus says that Judas had to betray him to that the prophesy that David made 1700 years earlier will be fulfilled. Kind of weird but let us go with this. I think the real reason why Jesus was crucified was because of the commotion he created when he came into Jerusalem. The Romans were very alert during the festival times where huge crowds of Jews came to Jerusalem to worship at the temple.

I suspect that they was nervous that Jesus was creating a lot of excitement and that too people were shouting "Blessed is the king of Israel!". Pilate was a very stern prefect and he would not allow anyone to be called the kind of Israel.

So in a way Jesus was already in the radar of the Romans and they would have crucified him just like they did 100,000 Jews in the period they ruled Israel.

Sad part is the gospel writers put the blame on the Jews and for 2000 years Christians have been persecuting Israel for all the wrong reasons. G-d has seen the pain they have suffered but not left their G-d and he has started the restoration of Israel. Hope the awesome day of G-d comes in our time. 

Let us see if Psalm 41 talks about David prophesying about Judas's betrayal of Jesus.

All Images are links to Google Images. Copyright violations not intended.
All Greek Text references are from NIV and Tanakh references are from Chabad.

This post is not intended to offend anyone's faith but for those people who are Seeking the truth of THE ONE TRUE G-D of the universe to who we owe all our love, gratitude & devotion.

My encouragement to you is that you read the whole chapter of Tanakh that the Greek text quotes so you get the context and understand what G-d actually said.

G-d Bless and Seek THE Truth.

John 13:18 “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: ‘He who shared my bread has turned[a] against me.’

Psalm 41:10 Even my ally, in whom I trusted, who eats my bread, developed an ambush for me.

  • I don’t think there is a single human who has not been betrayed by a person they trusted.
  • Psalm 41 is written by David [Verse 1]
  • David is talking about how G-d will bless the person that looks after the poor and needy.[Verses 2-4]
  • David in verses 6-10 talks about how his enemies think evil things about him
  • Verse 10 that John cross references says that some of these enemies are close to him but they wish him harm.
  • Verses 11- 14 David talks about how G-d is his help and that he will trust in G-d to do justice.
  • Jesus never sinned so how can this Psalm have anything to do with Jesus
    • Psalm 41:5 I said, "O Lord, be gracious to me; heal my soul because I have sinned against You."
  • Jesus asked G-d to forgive his tormentors but in this verse David says save me so I can destroy my enemies.
    • Psalm 41:11 But You, O Lord, be gracious to me and raise me up, so that I may repay them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26