Did god tell John the dipper that Jesus is the chosen servant of god? ~ Cross reference of John 1:32 to Isaiah 42:1


You find this cross reference in Matthew 12:15 but in John's gospel, John the dipper bears this witness about Jesus. 

If you read the post on Matthew you will see that Jesus heals and preaches and tells the people not to tell anyone and thereby fulfills Isaiah 42:1 

In John's gospel he makes a stronger claim that John the dipper got this message from god directly.

You can read why Isaiah 42 is not about Jesus by clicking on this link

All Images are links to Google Images. Copyright violations not intended.
All Greek Text references are from NIV and Tanakh references are from Chabad.

This post is not intended to offend anyone's faith but for those people who are Seeking the truth of THE ONE TRUE G-D of the universe to who we owe all our love, gratitude & devotion.

My encouragement to you is that you read the whole chapter of Tanakh that the Greek text quotes so you get the context and understand what G-d actually said.


G-d Bless and Seek THE Truth.

John 1:32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”[f]

Isaiah 42:1 Behold My servant, I will support him, My chosen one, whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him, he shall promulgate justice to the nations. 2 He shall neither cry nor shall he raise [his voice]; and he shall not make his voice heard outside. 3 A breaking reed he shall not break; and a flickering flaxen wick he shall not quench; with truth shall he execute justice. 4 Neither shall he weaken nor shall he be broken, until he establishes justice in the land, and for his instruction, islands shall long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26