Did the Jews hate G-d? ~ Cross reference of John 15:23 to Psalm 35:19


Jesus makes three claims here
  1. That god sent him and he is gods son.
  2. He did many miracles but yet the Jews did not believe in him.
  3. That the Jews hated both Jesus and god
Point 1 & point 2 are not supported by Tanakh. The messiah will not be divine as the Greek text claims Jesus to be but a human born in the line of David. 

There is no mention of the messiah doing miracles like healing, preaching, feeding or raising up people from the dead. He will be a royal descendent of David who will rule as the king of Israel.

As for point 3, the Jews loved their G-d and were challenging the claims Jesus was making like the Torah teaches them to do when someone comes around and says they are prophets. This cannot be called hate. 

All that said, let us see of the Psalms that the Greek text cross references support Jesus's claim.

All Images are links to Google Images. Copyright violations not intended.
All Greek Text references are from NIV and Tanakh references are from Chabad.

This post is not intended to offend anyone's faith but for those people who are Seeking the truth of THE ONE TRUE G-D of the universe to who we owe all our love, gratitude & devotion.

My encouragement to you is that you read the whole chapter of Tanakh that the Greek text quotes so you get the context and understand what G-d actually said.


G-d Bless and Seek THE Truth.

John 15:23
Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’[c]

Psalm 35:19 Let them not rejoice over me, those who are my enemies for an unjust cause, neither shall those who hate me for nought wink their eyes. 20 For they do not speak peace, and against the crushed people of the earth they think words of deceit.

Psalm 69:5 Those who hate me for nothing are more numerous than the hairs of my head; mighty are those who would cut me off, who are my enemies because of lies; what I did not steal, I will then return.

Psalm 35
  • Right in verse 1 you see that this Psalm is written by David and he is asking G-d to destroy his enemies. How can this Psalm be about Jesus who was so different that he taught people that they should love their enemies. In fact on Luke 23:34 Jesus even prays for the people who were killing him to be forgiven for their sins.
  • Here are some things that David is asking G-d to do to his enemies, "battle my foes", "let them be shamed and embarrassed", "Let them draw backward and be abashed", "let them be as chaff", "thrust them", "May their way be dark and slippery", "May darkness that he does not know come upon him", "may his net that he hid ensnare him", "in the darkness may he fall into it", "Let them be ashamed and abashed", "let them be clothed in shame and disgrace". Surely this Psalm cannot be about Jesus right?
Psalm 69
  • How can this Psalm be about Jesus? Jesus was the sinless lamb of god that takes away the sins of all who believe in him right?  Surely one cannot pick verse 5 and drop verse 6. 
Psalm 69:6 O God, You know my folly, and my acts of guilt are not concealed from You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26