G-d loves Israel - Key Passages


G-d expressed in several passages that he has chosen Israel as his chosen people. Time and again he tells them that he loves them and he will never abandon them. He also said that he will punish them if they move away from G-d so they come back to him.


Exodus 34:9 and said: "If I have now found favor in Your eyes, O Lord, let the Lord go now in our midst [even] if they are a stiff necked people, and You shall forgive our iniquity and our sin and thus secure us as Your possession." 10 And He said: "Behold! I will form a covenant; in the presence of all your people, I will make distinctions such as have not been created upon all the earth and among all the nations, and all the people in whose midst you are shall see the work of the Lord how awe inspiring it is that which I will perform with you.

Leviticus 20:24 So I said to you, You shall possess their land, and I shall give it to you to possess it a land flowing with milk and honey. I am the Lord your God, Who has distinguished you from the peoples. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I, the Lord, am holy, and I have distinguished you from the peoples, to be Mine.

Deuteronomy 7:6 For you are a holy people to the Lord, your God: the Lord your God has chosen you to be His treasured people, out of all the peoples upon the face of the earth7 Not because you are more numerous than any people did the Lord delight in you and choose you, for you are the least of all the peoples. 8 But because of the Lord's love for you, and because He keeps the oath He swore to your forefathers, the Lord took you out with a strong hand and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh, the king of Egypt.

Amos 3:2 Only you did I love above all the families of the earth; therefore, I will visit upon you all your iniquities

Isaiah 41:8 But you, Israel My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham, who loved Me, 9 Whom I grasped from the ends of the earth, and from its nobles I called you, and I said to you, "You are My servant"; I chose you and I did not despise you. 10 Do not fear for I am with you; be not discouraged for I am your God: I encouraged you, I also helped you, I also supported you with My righteous hand.

Deuteronomy 10:15 Only your forefathers the Lord desired, to love them, and He chose their seed after them you, out of all peoples, as it is this day.

Jeremiah 13:17 And if you do not hearken to it, in secret my soul will weep because of your pride and my eye shall weep sore and run down with tears, for the Lord's flock has been captured.

Zechariah 1:14 And the angel who was speaking to me said to me, "Proclaim, saying: 'So said the Lord of Hosts, I am jealous for Jerusalem, and for Zion-great jealousy.

Zechariah 2:11 Ho, Zion! Flee, she who sits among the nation of Babylon. 12 For so said the Lord of Hosts: After glory, He sent me to the nations that plunder you, for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye. 13 For, behold! I raise My hand over them, and they shall be prey for those who serve them. And you shall know that the Lord of Hosts sent me.

Zechariah 2:14 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for, behold! I will come and dwell in your midst, says the Lord. 15 And many nations shall join the Lord on that day, and they shall be My people; and I will dwell in your midst and you shall know that the Lord of Hosts sent me to you. 16 And the Lord shall inherit Judah as His share on the Holy Land, and He shall again choose Jerusalem.

Malachi 1:2 I loved you, said the Lord, and you said, "How have You loved us?" Was not Esau a brother to Jacob? says the Lord. And I loved Jacob. 3 And I hated Esau, and I made his mountains desolate and his heritage into [a habitat for] the jackals of the desert.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26