Israel will be a blessing to the nations - Key Passages


These are a few passages that talk about Israel being a blessing for the nations.

Genesis 12:1 And the Lord said to Abram, "Go forth from your land and from your birthplace and from your father's house, to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you, and I will aggrandize your name, and [you shall] be a blessing. 3 And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse, and all the families of the earth shall be blessed in you."

Genesis 13:7 And the Lord appeared to Abram, and He said, "To your seed I will give this land," and there he built an altar to the Lord, Who had appeared to him.

Genesis 13:14 And the Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Please raise your eyes and see, from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward. 15 For all the land that you see I will give to you and to your seed to eternity. 16 And I will make your seed like the dust of the earth, so that if a man will be able to count the dust of the earth, so will your seed be counted.

Genesis 15:4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "This one will not inherit you, but the one who will spring from your innards-he will inherit you." 5 And He took him outside, and He said, "Please look heavenward and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So will be your seed." 6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him as righteousness. 7 And He said to him, "I am the Lord, Who brought you forth from Ur of the Chaldees, to give you this land to inherit it." 8 And he said, "O Lord God, how will I know that I will inherit it?" 9 And He said to him, "Take for Me three heifers and three goats and three rams, and a turtle dove and a young bird." 13 And He said to Abram, "You shall surely know that your seed will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and they will enslave them and oppress them, for four hundred years. 14 And also the nation that they will serve will I judge, and afterwards they will go forth with great possessions. 15 But you will come to your forefathers in peace; you will be buried in a good old age. 

Genesis 17:1 And Abram was ninety-nine years old, and God appeared to Abram, and He said to him, "I am the Almighty God; walk before Me and be perfect. 2 And I will place My covenant between Me and between you, and I will multiply you very greatly." 3 And Abram fell upon his face, and God spoke with him, saying, 4 "As for Me, behold My covenant is with you, and you shall become the father of a multitude of nations. 5 And your name shall no longer be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 And I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings will emerge from you. 7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and between you and between your seed after you throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant, to be to you for a God and to your seed after you. 8 And I will give you and your seed after you the land of your sojournings, the entire land of Canaan for an everlasting possession, and I will be to them for a God." 9 And God said to Abraham, "And you shall keep My covenant, you and your seed after you throughout their generations. 

Genesis 18:18 And Abraham will become a great and powerful nation, and all the nations of the world will be blessed in him. 19 For I have known him because he commands his sons and his household after him, that they should keep the way of the Lord to perform righteousness and justice, in order that the Lord bring upon Abraham that which He spoke concerning him."

Genesis 22:15 And an angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time from heaven. 16 And he said, "By Myself have I sworn, says the Lord, that because you have done this thing and you did not withhold your son, your only one, 17 That I will surely bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand that is on the seashore, and your descendants will inherit the cities of their enemies. 18 And through your children shall be blessed all the nations of the world, because you hearkened to My voice."

Genesis 26:2 And the Lord appeared to him, and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; dwell in the land that I will tell you. 3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you, and I will bless you, for to you and to your seed will I give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham, your father. 4 And I will multiply your seed like the stars of the heavens, and I will give your seed all these lands, and all the nations of the earth will bless themselves by your seed, 5 Because Abraham hearkened to My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My instructions."

Genesis 26:24 And the Lord appeared to him on that night and said, "I am the God of Abraham, your father. Fear not, for I am with you, and I will bless you and multiply your seed for the sake of Abraham, My servant."

Genesis 28:13 And behold, the Lord was standing over him, and He said, "I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father, and the God of Isaac; the land upon which you are lying to you I will give it and to your seed. 14 And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall gain strength westward and eastward and northward and southward; and through you shall be blessed all the families of the earth and through your seed. 15 And behold, I am with you, and I will guard you wherever you go, and I will restore you to this land, for I will not forsake you until I have done what I have spoken concerning you."

Genesis 35:10 God said to him, "Your name is Jacob. Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel shall be your name." And He named him Israel. 11 And God said to him, "I am the Almighty God; be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a multitude of nations shall come into existence from you, and kings shall come forth from your loins. 12 And the land that I gave to Abraham and to Isaac, I will give to you and to your seed after you will I give the land."

Isaiah 49:3 And he said to me: You are My servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified. . . 6 I will also make you a light unto the nations so that My salvation may reach the ends of the earth.

Deuteronomy 4:5 See, I have taught you decrees and ordinances, as the L-rd, my G-d, has commanded me, to do so in the midst of the land to which you come, to posses it. You shall safeguard and perform them, for it is your wisdom and discernment in the eyes of the peoples, who shall hear all these decrees and who shall say, “Surely a wise and discerning people is this great nation!”

Exodus 19:5 Now, then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My special treasures among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine. 6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation...

Zechariah 8:13 And it shall come to pass that as you were a curse among the gentiles, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and you shall be a blessing. Fear not, may your hands be strengthened.

Zechariah 8:23 Thus says the L-rd of hosts: In those days it shall come to pass that ten men from all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the garment of a Jew saying, We will go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you.

Isaiah 55:5 . . . nations that knew you not shall run to you because the L-rd your G-d, the holy one of Israel has glorified you.

Genesis 28:14 Your descendants shall also be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread out to the west ant to the east and to the north and to the south, and in you and your descendants shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Micah 4:2 And many nations shall come and say: Come, let us go up to the mountain of the L-rd, and to the House of the G-d of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways and we will walk in His paths, for Torah (instruction) shall go forth from Zion, and the word of the L-rd from Jerusalem.

Malachi 2:7 The Torah of truth was in his mouth and iniquity was not found in his lips; he walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many away from iniquity. For the Priest’s lip should guard knowledge and they should seek the Torah from his mouth, for he is a messenger of the L-rd of Hosts.

Isaiah 55:5 ...nations that knew you not shall run to you because the L-rd your G-d, the Holy One of Israel has glorified you.

Isaiah 60:3 And nations shall come to your light and kings to the brightness of your rising.

Isaiah 61:6 But you shall be called the Priests of the L-rd; people shall call you the Ministers of our G-d...

Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the L-rd as the waters that cover the seas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26