Israel is called G-d's Servant - Key Passages


Below is a partial list of passages where Israel is referred to as G-d's Servant.

Isaiah 41:8 But you Israel, My servant, Jacob who I have chosen, descendant of Abraham My friend; 9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts, and said to you, you are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold My servant, I will support him, My chosen one, whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him, he shall promulgate justice to the nations. 2 He shall neither cry nor shall he raise [his voice]; and he shall not make his voice heard outside. 3 A breaking reed he shall not break; and a flickering flaxen wick he shall not quench; with truth shall he execute justice. 4 Neither shall he weaken nor shall he be broken, until he establishes justice in the land, and for his instruction, islands shall long.


Isaiah 43:10 You are My witnesses declares the L-rd, and My servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no god formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44:1 But now listen, O Jacob my servant, and Israel whom I have chosen: 2 Thus says the L-rd who made you, and formed you from the womb, who will help you, "Do not fear O Jacob My servant, Jeshurun who I have chosen."

Isaiah 44:21 Remember these things O Jacob, and Israel, for you are My servant, I have formed you, you are My servant O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me.

Isaiah 45:4 For the sake of Jacob My servant, and Israel My chosen one, I have even called you by your name:

Isaiah 48:20 Go forth out of Babylon, flee from the Kasdim with a voice of singing declare, tell this, say it even to the ends of the earth; say, "The L-rd has redeemed his servant Jacob."

Isaiah 49:3 And said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Isaiah 54:17 Any weapon whetted against you shall not succeed, and any tongue that contends with you in judgment, you shall condemn; this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their due reward from Me, says the Lord.

Isaiah 63:17 Why do You lead us astray O Lord, from Your ways, You harden our heart from Your fear? Return for the sake of Your servants, the tribes of Your heritage.

Isaiah 65:9 And I will extract seed from Jacob and from Judah, the heir of My mountains, and My elect shall inherit it, and My servants shall dwell there.

Isaiah 65:13 Therefore, so said the Lord God, "Behold, My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; behold, My servants shall drink, but you shall thirst; behold, My servants shall rejoice, but you shall be ashamed.

Isaiah 65:14 Behold, My servants shall sing from joy of heart, but you shall cry out from sorrow of heart, and from a broken spirit you shall wail.

Isaiah 65:15 And you shall leave your name for an oath for My elect, "And the Lord God shall slay you," but to His servants He shall call another name.

Isaiah 66:14 And you shall see, and your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall bloom like grass, and the hand of the Lord shall be known to His servants, and He shall be wroth with His enemies. 

Jeremiah 30:10 But as for you, do not fear the word of the L-rd, My servant Jacob, and do not be afraid, O Israel, for see that I am saving you from distant places, and your descendants from the land of their captivity, and Jacob will return, and be at peace and ease, and no one shall make him afraid. For I am with you, declares the L-rd, to save you, for I will bring annihilation upon all the nations among whom I have dispersed you, but upon you I will not bring annihilation; I will chastise you with justice, but I will never eliminate you altogether.

Jeremiah 46:27 But as for you, do not be afraid, My servant Jacob, and do not be disheartened, O Israel, for see that I am saving you from a distant land, and your offspring from the land of their captivity; and Jacob will return and be calm and serene, and no one will frighten him. Do not be afraid, O my servant Jacob, declares the L-rd, for I am with you. Though I will utterly destroy all the nations where I have dispersed you, I will not utterly destroy you; I will punish you with justice, but I will never totally wipe you out.

Deuteronomy 32:36 For the L-rd will vindicate His people, and have compassion upon His servants; When He sees that their strength is gone, and there is none remaining, bond or free. O nations, sing the praises of His people, for He will avenge the blood of His servants; He will bring retribution upon His foes, and He will appease His land and His people.

Leviticus 25:42 For they are My servants, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt they shall not be sold as a slave is sold.

Leviticus 25:55 For the children of Israel are servants to Me; they are My servants, whom I took out of the land of Egypt. I am the Lord, your God.

Ezekiel 28:25 So says the Lord God: When I gather in the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they have been scattered, and I have been sanctified through them in the eyes of the nations, then shall they dwell on their land that I gave to My servant, to Jacob.

I Chronicles 16:13 The seed of Israel His servant, the children of Jacob, His chosen ones.

Nehemiah 1:10 Now they are Your servants and Your people, whom You redeemed with Your great strength and with Your strong hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26