ONLY THE ONE TRUE G-d of the universe can forgive us our sins - Key Passages


Below are some of the passages that G-d tells us is way for our sins to be forgiven. None of them are talking about believing in Jesus to have our sins forgiven.

Genesis 4:7 Is it not so that if you improve, it will be forgiven you? If you do not improve, however, at the entrance, sin is lying, and to you is its longing, but you can rule over it."

Leviticus 26:41 Then I too, will treat them as happenstance and bring them [back while] in the land of their enemies. If then, their clogged heart becomes humbled, then, [their sufferings] will gain appeasement for their iniquity,

1 Kings 8:46 If they sin against you, (for there is no man that does not sin), and you be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near; 47 Yet if they shall bethink themselves in the land where they were carried captives, and repent and make supplication unto you in the land of them that carried them captives, saying, "We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness;" 48 And return to you with all of their heart, and with all their soul, in the land of their enemies, which let them away captive, and pray unto you toward their land, which you gave unto their fathers, the city which you have chosen, and the house which I have built for your name: 49 Then hear their prayer and supplication in heaven your dwelling place, and maintain their cause, 50 and forgive your people who have sinned against you; and grant them compassion in the sight of their captors, so that they may have compass on on them. 51 (for they are your people and heritage, which you brought out of Egypt, from the midst of the iron-smelter). 52 Let your eyes be open to the plea of your servant, and to the plea of your people Israel, listening to them whenever they call to you. 53 For you have separated them from among all the peoples of the earth, to be your heritage, just as you promised

2 Samuel 12:13 David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the L-rd." Nathan said to David, "Now the L-rd has put away your sin; you shall not die."

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked turn away from all their sins that they have committed and keep all my statutes and do what is lawful and right, they shall surely live; they shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions that they have committed shall be remembered against them; for the righteousness that they have done they shall live. 23 Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the L-rd G-d, and not rather that they should turn from their ways and live?

Ezekiel 33:14 Again, though I say to the wicked, "You shall surely die," yet if they turn from their sin and do what is lawful and right 15 if the wicked restore the pledge, give back what they have taken by robbery, and walk in the statutes of life, committing no iniquity - they shall surely live, they shall not die. 16 None of the sins that they have committed shall be remembered against them; they have done what is lawful and right, they shall surely live.

Jeremiah 7:1 The word that came to Jeremiah from the L-rd; 2 Stand in the gate of the L-d’s house, and proclaim there this word, and say, “Hear the word of the L-rd, all you people of Judah, you that enter these gates to worship the L-rd. 3
Thus says the L-rd of hosts, the G-d of Israel: ‘Amend your ways and your doings, and let me dwell with you in this place. 4 Do not trust in these deceptive words: ‘This is the temple of the L-rd, the temple of the L-rd, the temple of the L-rd.’ 5 For if you truly amend your ways and your doings if you truly act justly one with another, 6 if you do not oppress the alien, the orphan, and the widow, or shed
innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own
hurt, 7 Then I will dwell with you in this place, in the land that I gave of old to
your ancestors forever and ever.


Jeremiah 36:3 It may be that when the house of Judah hears of all the disasters that I intend to do to them, all of them may turn from their evil ways, so that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the L-rd while he may be found, call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake their way, and the unrighteous their thoughts; let them
return to the L-rd, that he may have mercy on them, and to our G-d, for he will abundantly pardon.


Isaiah 1:16 Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cause to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, Let us reason together, say the L-rd: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be like snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.

Isaiah 1:24 "Therefore," says the Master, the Lord of Hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, "Oh, I will console Myself from My adversaries, and I will avenge Myself of My foes. 25 And I will return My hand upon you and purge away your dross as with lye, and remove all your tin. 26 And I will restore your judges as at first and your counsellors as in the beginning; afterwards you shall be called City of Righteousness, Faithful City. 27 Zion shall be redeemed through justice and her penitent through righteousness.

Isaiah 27:9 Therefore, with this shall Jacob's iniquity be atoned for, and this is all the fruit of removing his sin; by making all the altar stones like crushed chalkstones; asherim and sun-images shall not rise.

Jonah 3:6 When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne,
removed his robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. 7 Then he
had a proclamation made in Nineveh: "by the decree of the king and his nobles: No human being or animal, no herd or flock, shall taste anything. They shall not feed, nor shall they drink water. 8 Human beings and animals shall be covered with sackcloth, and they shall cry mightily to G-d. All shall turn from their evil ways and from the violence that is in their hands. 9 Who knows? G-d may relent and change his mind; he may turn from his fierce anger, so that we do not perish.10 When G-d saw what they did, how they turned from their evil ways, G-d
changed his mind about the calamity that he said he would bring upon them; and he did not do it.

Daniel 4:27 Therefore, O king, may my counsel be acceptable to you; atone for your sins with righteousness, and your iniquities with mercy to the oppressed, so that your prosperity may be prolonged.

Job 22:22 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored, if you remove unrighteousness from your tents.

Amos 5:22 Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and offerings of well-being of your fatted animals I will not look upon. 23 Take away from me the noise of your songs; I will not listen to the
melody of your harps. 24 But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness
like an ever-flowing stream.


Micah 6:6 “With what shall I come before the L-rd, and bow myself before G-d on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? 7 Will the L-rd be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” 8 He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the L-rd require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your G-d?

Hosea 6:6 For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of G-d rather than burnt offerings.

1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, “Has the L-rd as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the L-rd? Surely, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams. 30 I will praise the name of G-d with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. 31 This will please the L-rd more than an ox or a bull with horns and hoofs.

Micah 7:18 Who is a G-d like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of your possession? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in showing clemency. 19 He will again have compassion upon us; he will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. 20 You will show faithfulness to Jacob and unswerving loyalty to Abraham, as you have sworn to our ancestors from the days of old.

Joel 2:12 Yet even now, says the L-rd, return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; 13 rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return to the L-rd, your G-d, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and relents from punishing.

Nehemiah 9:16 "But they and our ancestors acted presumptuously and stiffed their necks and did not obey your commandments; 17 They refused to obey, and were not mindful of the wonders that you performed among them; but they stiffed their necks and determined to return to their slavery in Egypt. But you are a G-d ready to forgive, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and you did not forsake them."

Jonah 4:2 He prayed to the L-rd and said, "O L-rd! Is not this what I said while I was still in my own country? That is why I fled to Tarshish at the beginning; for I knew that you are a gracious G-d and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding
in steadfast love, and ready to relent from punishing."


Malachi 3:7 From the days of your fathers you have departed from My laws and have not kept [them]. "Return to Me, and I will return to you," said the Lord of Hosts, but you said, "With what have we to return?"

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, let us debate, says the Lord. If your sins prove to be like crimson, they will become white as snow; if they prove to be as red as crimson dye, they shall become as wool.

Isaiah 6:7 And he caused it to touch my mouth, and he said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity shall be removed, and your sin shall be atoned for."

Isaiah 27:9 Therefore, with this shall Jacob's iniquity be atoned for, and this is all the fruit of removing his sin; by making all the altar stones like crushed chalkstones; asherim and sun-images shall not rise.

Isaiah 44:21 Remember these, O Jacob; and Israel, for you are My servant; I formed you that you be a servant to Me, Israel, do not forget Me. 22 I erased your transgressions like a thick cloud, and like a cloud have I erased your sins; return to Me for I have redeemed you.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord when He is found, call Him when He is near. 7 The wicked shall give up his way, and the man of iniquity his thoughts, and he shall return to the Lord, Who shall have mercy upon him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.

Isaiah 43:22 Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob; but you have been weary of me, O Israel! 23 You have not brought me your sheep for burnt offerings, or honored me with your sacrifices. I have not burdened you with offerings, or
wearied you with frankincense. 24 You have not bought me sweet cane with money, or satisfied me with the fat of your sacrifices. But you have burdened
me with your sins; you have wearied me with your iniquities. 25 I, I am he who
blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.


Jeremiah 15:19 Therefore, so said the Lord: If you return, I will return you, you will stand before Me, and if you take the precious out of the vile, you shall be as My mouth. Let them return to you, but you shall not return to them.

Jeremiah 18:7 One instant I may speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to uproot and to demolish and to destroy. 8 And when that nation repents of its evil for which I spoke concerning it, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do to it.

Jeremiah 18:9 And at one instant I may speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant, 10 And it will do what is evil in My eyes, not to hearken to My voice, I will repent of the good I said to benefit it.

Jeremiah 18:11 And now, say now to the men of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, So said the Lord: Behold I am devising evil upon you, and I am laying plans against you. Return now, each one from his evil way and improve your ways and your deeds.

Zechariah 1:3 And you shall say to them: So said the Lord of Hosts, Return to Me, said the Lord of Hosts, and I will return to you, said the Lord of Hosts.

Hosea 14:2 Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God, for you have stumbled in your iniquity. 3 Take words with yourselves and return to the Lord. Say, "You shall forgive all iniquity and teach us [the] good [way], and let us render [for] bulls [the offering of] our lips.

Psalms 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the L-rd," and you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Psalm 51:15 O L-rd, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. 16 For you have no delight in sacrifice; if I were to give a burnt offering, you would not be pleased. 17 The sacrifice acceptable to G-d is a broken spirit; a broken and
contrite heart, O G-d, you will not despise.


Psalm 78:35 They remembered that G-d was their rock, the Most High G-d their redeemer. 36 But they flattered him with their mouths; they lied to him with their
tongues. 37 Their heart was not steadfast toward him; they were not true to his
covenant. 38 Yet he, being compassionate, forgave their iniquity, and did not destroy them; often he restrained his anger, and did not stir up all his wrath. 39 He remembered that they were but flesh, a wind that passes and does not come again.

Psalm 86:5 For you, O L-rd, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you. 6 Give ear, O L-rd, to my prayer; listen to my cry of supplication. 7 In the day of my trouble I call on you, for you will answer me.

Psalm 141:2 Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice.

Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the L-rd, but the prayer of the upright is his delight

Proverbs 16:6 By loyalty and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the L-rd one avoids evil.

Proverbs 28:13 No one who conceals transgressions will prosper, but one who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the L-rd than sacrifice.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 6:21 And hear the plea of your servant and of your people Israel, when they pray toward this place; may you hear from heaven you dwelling place; hear and forgive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vicarious Atonement is not taught in Tanakh

Joshua is the prophet like Moses

Did the "The abomination that causes desolation" happen yet? ~ Cross reference of Matthew 24:15 to Daniel 9:26